Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 is a 2 component 100% solids, zero VOC coatings floor system that is used in a wide variety of applications such as, high build clear coat for a host of decorative concrete systems, primer coat and binder coat for Dura-Kote Flakes and Metallics. Yellowing and blush are minimized by the use of an aliphatic amine curing agent for part B, providing a premium, durable clear coating for colored or stained concrete and cement based overlays. For unique, job specific conditions 2 other specialized part B’s are available, Premium UV and Premium CW. See your SureCrete distributor for details. The high performance, self-leveling characteristics generate the premier balance of strength, flexibility, and chemical resistance that is both user-friendly and extremely durable. Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 is ideally suited for any commercial or residential setting: manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, gyms, locker rooms, stadiums, or anywhere that an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
Epoxies have been in use for a very long time in the concrete coating industry, and for good reason – they are an excellent carrier for pigments, metallic pearls and multi-color flake chips. They also have the fairly unique property of being able to bridge small cracks and voids so that the applicator may be able to for go some patchwork that would be necessary to do prior to other concrete coating applications. These qualities have made 100% epoxy coating garage floor a go-to choice for professional decorative concrete contractors and DIY homeowners alike. The thick millage build-up provided by Epoxy 100 provides a nice sacrificial layer for abrasion resistance that will last quite a bit longer than other, thinner coatings with lower solids contents. In addition to these beneficial properties, Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 is also very ecologically friendly at completely zero grams per liter VOC content and therefor is quite often used on green architectural projects by contractors looking to earn LEED points on the concrete coating and protective sealer portion of the job.
Here are some areas/applications where Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 might typically be applied:
- Retail and Commercial Flooring
- Garage Floors and Showrooms
- Interior Residential Living Spaces
- Sacrificial Floor Coatings
- Epoxy Garage Floor
- Inside Floor Paint
- Hotel and Resort Reception Areas
- High-Traffic Interior Applications
- Fast Turn-Around Projects
- Thick Millage Hangar Floors
- Most Concrete Floors
- Epoxy Garage Floors
- Coatings Garage Floor
How Do You Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 Zero-VOC Thick Millage Coating?
Our Epoxy products are by far the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75% for a period of at least 12 hours following application.
- Due to its incredibly high solids content, Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 is extremely sensitive to moisture in the substrate it is applied to, so care should be taken to keep moisture in the concrete near zero.
- Pour 1 part B into 2 parts A into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!) and mix mechanically for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Though not usually necessary, if you would like to apply a second coat, first coat must be dry to the touch (typically within 6-8 hours depending on environmental conditions). Floor needs to be screened with a 100 grit sanding screen prior to second coating to ensure a good bond. Second coat applies same as first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating such as SureFinish to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Dura-Kote Clear Concrete Epoxy 100
|Product #:||2.1ECC-3, 2.1ECC-15|
|Packaging:||3 gal kits, 15 gal kits|
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote Clear Concrete Floor Epoxy 100:
Question: Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote Floor Epoxy 100?
Answer: Yes, you can! Although it will depend entirely upon your desired finished floor and the amount of protection you need, Epoxy 100 was designed specifically for this purpose!
Question: Will Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 self-level and fill small holes?
Answer: Yes, it certainly will! However, be sure not to try to bridge expansion joints as these are necessary to allow movement in the concrete.
Question: Can Epoxy 100 be used outside?
Answer: No, epoxy coatings are not vapor-permeable and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
Question: I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use Dura-Kote Epoxy 100?
Answer: Without question, yes! At zero grams per Liter of VOC content, Epoxy 100 can be used no matter how strict local VOC laws are!
Question: If I’m putting down a second coat of Epoxy 100, does it have to be screened?
Answer: Yes, because of it’s chemical nature and high solids content, the second coat will not bond correctly without proper screening of first coat.
Specifacations and Properties of Floor Epoxy 100% Solids
|Coverage||100-150 square foot per gallon per coat catalyzed product (varies widely based on application method)|
|VOC Rating||0 g/L|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Mixing Ratio||2 parts A to 1 part B|
|Pot Life||10-20 minutes|
|Ready for recoat||6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||Approx 16 hours (Up to 30 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||Approx 24 hours (Up to 3 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||High gloss sheen|
|Appearance (wet)||Clear – Straw Color|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Adhesion||400 PSI (concrete failure)|
|Abrasion Resistance (Tabor)||1,000 gm. load @ 500 cycles = 31 mg loss|
|Compressive Strength||9,000 PSI|
|Application Temperature||50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote Epoxy 100
|Xylene||8 hours splash spill|
|Gasoline||2 hours splash spill|
|Butanol||8 hours splash spill|
|Ethyl Alcohol||8 hours splash spill|
|Skydrol||2 hours splash spill|
|10% Sodium Hydroxide||long term immersion|
|50% Sodium Hydroxide||2 hour immersion|
|Acetic Acid 5%||2 hours splash spill|
|10% Sulfuric Acid||8 hours splash spill|
|70% Sulfuric Acid||not recommended|
|10% Hydrochloric Acid||8 hours splash spill|
|20% Nitric Acid||not recommended|
|Ethylene Glycol||8 hours splash spill|