25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal CS 250 is a finishing membrane that enhances the curing process of freshly placed concrete and provides protection simultaneously. Upon application it forms a water retentive film that beneficially restricts moisture loss allowing concrete to reach its optimal cure and hardness, providing an economical alternative to costly, time-consuming water curing. The formulation of Cure n’ Seal makes it possible, as the name suggests, for it to be applied during the curing process of freshly poured concrete.
25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal CS250 is a color enhancing, gloss coat helpful in preventing dusting, spalling, moisture and chemical migration through a slab and improves resistance to freeze/thaw cycles. It protects during the many phases of construction from incidental staining, UV protection, and abrasion resistance. CS250 improves any concrete upon placement: driveways and sidewalks, stamped concrete, exposed aggregate, terrazzo, parking garages, or any other slab, whether industrial, commercial, or residential. This product should not serve as a sealer for concrete overlay systems.
Why should I use Cure and Seal CS250 instead of a curing agent and a sealer? Chemical curing compounds are temporary curing agents. If you use a curing compound and want to come back with another protective coating later – an epoxy, an acrylic sealer, even a penetrating sealer; that curing compound can’t be there. It has to be completely removed before any additional sealants can be applied over top. If its an interior application it will never go away by itself; it would have to be removed after 28 days – a very messy job, and certainly one that no homeowner wants to go about doing. Cure and Seal CS 250 doesn’t have those strict limitations. It can be placed on your surface and then without removing it later, a new coating can be placed over top to give your substrate better protection.
Here are some areas/applications where Cure and Seal CS 250 will be applied:
- Fresh Poured Residential Pool Decks
- Fresh Poured Indoor Patios
- Fresh Poured Outdoor Kitchens
- New Residential Driveways & Sidewalks
- New Commercial Outdoor Walkways
- Freshly Poured University & College Campus Floors
- New Retail Concrete Flooring
- Newly Poured Commercial Pool Areas
- Fresh Pour Stamped Concrete Floors
- Fresh Property Management Exterior Stairwells
How Do You Apply SureCrete Cure and Seal CS 250 Quick Cure Fresh Sealer Application
Our Cure and Seal products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely clean, free of all contaminantsand porous enough to accept a sealer coating.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 24 hour period following application.
- Cure and Seal CS 250 can be applied by roller, airless sprayer or pump-up sprayer. Whatever your application technique, make sure to apply in thin, even coats over your surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any exterior project receiving a cure and seal product, with the second coat being applied as soon as first coat is able to be walked on, and is applied in the same manner as the first coat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cure and Seal CS 250:
Can Cure and Seal CS 250 serve as a stand-alone sealer?
– No, it should not be used as a stand-alone sealer product. Once substrate has fully cured, a more resilient coating should be applied to give your new floor better protection.
Can I use just one coat of Cure and Seal CS 250?
– Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats of Cure and Seal CS 250.
Will Cure and Seal CS 250 survive the freeze/thaw cycles in my area?
– While it is slightly less durable in this regard than our other premium acrylic sealer products, this coating is usually only by itself on a substrate for less than 30 days when a new, more resilient coating is typically applied, under these circumstances it should survive while it is still this freshly applied.
Specs and Properties of Cure and Seal CS 250:
|Coverage||Approx 300-500 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate and application method)|
|VOC Rating||less than 600 g/L|
|Shelf Life||2 years in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||24 hours|
|Light Duty Use||24 hours|
|Appearance (cured)||Clear Gloss|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Application Temperature||50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit|