CS 250L is a 25% solids low VOC concrete cure and seal (400 g/L) finishing membrane that enhances the curing process of freshly placed concrete and provides protection simultaneously. Upon application it forms a water retentive film that beneficially restricts moisture loss allowing concrete to reach its optimal cure and hardness, providing an economical alternative to costly, time-consuming water curing.
CS 250L a 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal Low VOC and seal is a color enhancing, gloss coat helpful in preventing dusting, spalling, moisture and chemical migration through a slab and improves resistance to freeze/thaw cycles. It protects during the many phases of construction from incidental staining, UV protection, and abrasion resistance. CS 250L low voc cure and seal improves any concrete upon placement: driveways and sidewalks, stamped concrete, exposed aggregate, terrazzo, parking garages, or any other slab, whether industrial, commercial, or residential. This product should not serve as a sealer for concrete overlay systems.
The other big advantage of a solvent-based cure and seal material is drying time. CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal will (depending on environmental conditions) dry enough within a few hours to allow the application of a second coat on the same day. While this is certainly a nice benefit, sometimes your project needs demand that a lower VOCs coating be applied, possibly to earn LEED points on a green, eco-friendly project, or simply because you’re a homeowner pouring a new slab and you are concerned for the environment, but still need a strong protective coating. If that’s the case, CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal is the Cure and Seal product for you.
Here are some areas/applications where CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal will be applied:
- Low VOC Fresh Poured Residential Pool Decks
- Low VOC Fresh Poured Indoor Patios
- Low VOC Fresh Poured Outdoor Kitchens
- Green New Residential Driveways & Sidewalks
- Green New Commercial Outdoor Walkways
- Eco-Friendly Freshly Poured University & College Campus Floors
- Eco-Friendly New Retail Concrete Flooring
- Eco-Friendly Newly Poured Commercial Pool Areas
- LEED Project Fresh Pour Stamped Concrete Floors
- LEED Project Fresh Property Management Exterior Stairwells
How Do You Apply SureCrete Cure and Seal CS 250L Low VOC Quick Cure Fresh Sealer Application
Our Cure and Seal products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely clean, free of all contaminantsand porous enough to accept a sealer coating.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 24 hour period following application.
- Cure and Seal CS 250L can be applied by roller, airless sprayer or pump-up sprayer. Whatever your application technique, make sure to apply in thin, even coats over your surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any exterior project receiving a cure and seal product, with the second coat being applied as soon as first coat is able to be walked on, and is applied in the same manner as the first coat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cure and Seal CS 250L:
Can Cure and Seal CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal serve as a stand-alone sealer?
No, it should not be used as a stand-alone sealer product. Once substrate has fully cured, a more resilient coating should be applied to give your new floor better protection.
Can I use just one coat of Cure and Seal CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal?
Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats of Cure and Seal CS 250L.
Will Cure and Seal CS 250L self-level and fill small holes?
No, cure and seal products were not designed to meet this application criteria.
Will Cure and Seal CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal survive the freeze/thaw cycles in my area?
While it is slightly less durable in this regard than our other premium acrylic sealer products, this coating is usually only by itself on a substrate
for less than 30 days when a new, more resilient coating is typically applied, under these circumstances it should survive while it is still this freshly
Specs and Properties of Cure and Seal CS 250L 25% Solids Concrete Cure and Seal:
Coverage: Approx. 300-500 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate and application method)
VOC Rating: less than 400 g/L
Solids Content: 25%
Shelf Life: 2 years in original unopened container
Ready for recoat: 24 hours
Light Duty Use: 24 hours
Appearance (cured): Clear Gloss
Appearance (wet): Clear
Water Resistance: Excellent, beads water
Mechanical Stability: Excellent
Light Stability: Excellent
Application Temperature: 50 – 90