Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB is a 2 component 57% solids, acrylic polyurethane designed as a non-yellowing clear coating for concrete, cement based overlays, or as a top finish coat on epoxy systems. The high performance clear top coat, available in gloss or satin finish, provides the durability of a solvent base system with the ease and safety of a low VOC (73 g/L) water base system. Unlike nearly all polyurethanes, Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB has remarkable properties related to vapor permeability that permit its use in an exterior setting. Note: See paragraph 5 under Sureface Prep. Generating the premier balance of strength, added UV stability, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance, it is both user-friendly and extremely durable. As a vertical wall coating, it enhances anti-graffiti properties. Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings: aircraft hangars, clean room floors, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, stadiums, or any high traffic area where an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
For interior coatings, especially in areas or environments in which you are looking for an eco-friendly coating, Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB can be an extremely effective sealer for your concrete projects. With a VOC rating that will allow it to be placed in 99 percent of all states and municipalities, Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB is an ideal coating for generating LEED points and earning Green Projects as a professional applicator. If you’re a homeowner or DIY weekend warrior looking to do some work on your home but need to eliminate odor and lower the chemical vapor residue released by your concrete project.
Here are some areas/applications where Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB might typically be applied:
- Eco-Friendly Commercial Kitchen Floors
- Retail Floor Protection Green Projects
- Low Odor Restaurant and Bar Floors
- Non-Caustic Residential Living Areas
- Eco-Friendly Interior Hotel and Resort Flooring
- High-Traffic Interior Walkways Green Projects
- Low Odor Auditorium and Stage Floors
- Non-Caustic Residential and Hotel Bedroom Floors
Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB
|Packaging:||2 gal kits, 4 gal kits|
How Do You Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB Eco-Friendly Interior Coating?
Our Polyurthane products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75%.
- Pour 1 part B into 3 parts A into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!)and mix mechanically for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any interior project receiving a polyurethane coating, with the second coat being applied as soon as first coat is able to be walked on, and is applied in the same manner as the first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB:
Question: Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB?
Answer: Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats. That being said, Dura-Kote Polyurethane products have been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat interior sealer is required.
Question: Will Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB self-level and fill small holes?
Answer: To a very slight degree, yes. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer, but is not high enough to fill large voids.
Question: Can Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB be used outside?
Answer: No, polyurethane coatings are not breathable in nature and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
Question: I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB?
Answer: Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 75 grams per Liter, this product can be used in almost all states or municipalities.
Specs and Properties of Dura-Kote Polyurethane WB:
|Coverage||Approx 300-400 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)|
|VOC Rating||less than 72 g/L|
|Pot Life||approx 30 minutes|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||24 hours (Up to 48 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||3 days (Up to 5 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||Clear Gloss or Satin|
|Appearance (wet)||Milky Liquid|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Application Temperature||50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB:
|Gasoline||no effect at 24 hrs|
|Diesel Fuel||no effect at 24 hrs|
|Kerosene||no effect at 24 hrs|
|Brake Fluid||softens/discolors at 24 hrs|
|Skydrol||dulls at 24 hrs|