SureCrete’s HS 240 is a premium, high performance, single-component, 20% acrylic solids, low VOC (400 grams per liter), sealer designed for concrete or any cement based product. As with most acrylics it is vapor permeable and readily applies outside. However, HS 240 is specially formulated for extreme climates where a low VOC sealer is required. Its nano-sealer technology deeply penetrates and reacts internally with cement, slowing moisture migration and efflorescence and intensifying bond capacity. Even in warmer climates HS 240’s slower evaporating solvents will not apply a cotton candy effect before the applicator can finish a tight, smooth surface. A single coat application will provide a UV shield, enhance the beauty, and protect the surface of driveways, garage floors, patios, walkways, pool decks, and stucco.
HS 240 was specially designed meet the challenges posed by some of the harshest freeze/thaw cycle climates in the world. In these difficult to deal with climates, many applicators and DIY weekend warriors alike have elected to forego sealing new concrete substrates, driveways and sidewalks altogether because of the excessively high de-lamination and subsequent failure rate associated with typical exterior acrylic sealers in these areas. Since many of the areas that deal with these problems also adhere to a stricter statute of solvents or VOC laws, we formulated HS 240 to be give these contractors and homeowners a sealer that could not only help protect and strengthen their freshly poured concrete driveways and walkways, but also anage to do so while adhering to local VOC laws. HS 240 is also available in a matte finish for those needing the protection of an acrylic exterior sealer without the typical gloss sheen. East to purchase from over 100 stores in the United States.
Here are some areas/applications where HS 240 might typically be applied:
- Low VOC Freeze/Thaw Driveways
- Lower Solvent Cold Weather Walkways and Sidewalks
- Property Management Stairwells
- Resealing over de-laminated and worn sealed concrete
- Concrete Paint Clear Seal
- Freshly Poured Stamped Concrete in Freeze/Thaw Climates
- Tightly Troweled Garage Floors in Low VOC States
- New Residential and Commercial Pool Decks
- Clear Protection Concrete
- Color Inhansing Sealers Clear
How Do You Apply SureCrete HS 240 Super Penetrating, Low VOC Fresh Concrete Sealer?
Our Acrylic Sealer products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 24 hour period following application.
- HS 240 Premium Acrylic Sealer can be applied by roller, airless sprayer or pump-up sprayer. Whatever your application technique, make sure to apply in thin, even coats over your surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any exterior project receiving an acrylic sealer, with the second coat being applied as soon as first coat is able to be walked on, and is applied in the same manner as the first coat.
Frequently Asked Questions About HS 240:
Can I use just one coat of Concrete Seals HS 240?
Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats. That being said, HS Series products have been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat exterior acrylic sealer is required.
Will HS 240 self-level and fill small holes?
No, acrylic concrete sealer products were not designed to meet this application criteria.
Will HS 240 survive the freeze/thaw cycles in my area?
If there was ever an exterior acrylic concrete sealer that could maintain proper adhesion in cold weather environments, the HS Sealers line would be the one to do it!
I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use HS 240?
Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but nearly all areas that require the use of lower VOC sealers than the rest of the country will allow the use of our HS 240 Premium Acrylic Sealer.
Specs and Properties of HS 240:
|Coverage||HS240 concrete surfaces Approx 200-240 sqft per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)|
|VOC Rating||less than 400 g/L|
|Shelf Life||2 years in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||24 hours|
|Light Duty Use||24 hours|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||72 hours|
|Apearance (cured)||Clear Gloss or Matte|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Application Temperature||50 – 90 degrees Farenheit|
Test Data for HS 240
|Blush||4 hr dry / 18 hr Immersion: No Blush|
|Adhesion||Dry Concrete: Excellent, Wet Concrete: Excellent|
|QUV Accelerated Weather Testing||G-53: No blistering, No yellowing @ 250 hours|
|Abrasion Resistance||12.5 grams loss|
|Block Resistance||D-4969: Excellent|
|Heat Stability @ 120 degrees Farenheit||D-1849: Excellent|
|Film Formation @ 40 degrees Farenheit||Passed|
|Water Absorption||2.4 grams per cubic meter|
|Pencil Hardness||D-3363: HB-H|
|Hote Tire Pick-Up||Passed (Under extreme circumstances delaminating could occur. All tire manufacturers were not tested. Chemicals used in tire manufacturing may be detrimental to all sealers from vehicular parking.)|
Chemical Resistance for HS 240 (Testing ASTM D-1308)
|Brake Fluid||Remove Immediately|