SureCrete’s HS 260 is a premium, high performance, single-component clear acrylic sealer, 20% acrylic solids, 600 g/l, sealer designed for concrete or any cement based product. As with most acrylics it is vapor permeable and readily applies outside. However, HS 260 is specially formulated for extreme climates. Its nano-sealer technology deeply penetrates and reacts internally with cement, slowing moisture migration and efflorescence and intensifying bond capacity. Even in warmer climates HS 260’s slower evaporating solvents will not show a cotton candy effect before the applicator can finish a tight, smooth surface. A single coat application will provide a UV shield, enhance the beauty, and protect the surface of driveways, garage floors, patios, walkways, pool decks, and stucco.
HS 260 was specifically formulated to deal with climates in which freeze/thaw cycles are a common occurence. In these harsh environmental conditions, the majority of homeowners and contractors alike have steered many exterior concrete applications away from acrylic sealers and coatings over top of freshly poured flatwork or tightly troweled overlays or stamped concrete due to their incredibly high failure rates. HS 260 is one of the many sealers in the HS Series line that was specially designed to combat this very issue. By penetrating further into the surface of the concrete substrate and partially solidifying in a similar fashion to our LD1800 lithium densifier product, HS 260 actually makes your new concrete driveway or sidewalk stronger than it ever could have been on its own. Due to these very unique properties, slabs and new substrates installed utilizing HS 260 as a protective coating last much longer than would normally be possible.
Here are some areas/applications where HS 260 Clear Acrylic Sealer will be applied:
- Cold Weather Fresh Poured Dirveways
- Cold Weather New Sidewalks and Walkways
- Cold Weather Property Management Stairwells
- Cold Weather Old Concrete Re-Sealing
- Freshly Poured Stamped Concrete in Freeze/Thaw Climates
- Tightly Troweled Garage Floors in Freeze/Thaw Climates
- New Residential and Commercial Pool Decks in Freeze/Thaw Climates
How Do You Apply SureCrete HS 260 Super Penetrating Fresh Concrete Sealer?
Our Acrylic Sealer products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 24 hour period following application.
- HS 260 Premium Acrylic Sealer can be applied by roller, airless sprayer or pump-up sprayer. Whatever your application technique, make sure to apply in thin, even coats over your surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any exterior project receiving an acrylic sealer, with the second coat being applied as soon as first coat is able to be walked on, and is applied in the same manner as the first coat.
Frequently Asked Questions About HS 260:
Can I use just one coat of HS 260?
Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats. That being said, HS Series products have been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat exterior acrylic sealer is required.
Will HS 260 self-level and fill small holes?
No, acrylic concrete sealer products were not designed to meet this application criteria.
Will HS 260 survive the freeze/thaw cycles in my area?
If there was ever an exterior acrylic concrete sealer that could maintain proper adhesion in cold weather environments, the HS Sealers line would be the one to do it!
Specs and Properties of HS 260:
Coverage Approx 200-240 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based
on substrate porosity and application methods)
VOC Rating less than 600 g/L
Solids Content 20%
Shelf Life 2 years in original unopened container
Ready for recoat 24 hours
Light Duty Use 24 hours
Heavy Traffic Ready 72 hours
Appearance (cured) Clear Gloss
Appearance (wet) Clear
Water Resistance Excellent, beads water
Mechanical Stability Excellent
Light Stability Excellent
Application Temperature 50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit
Test Data for HS 260
Blush 4 hr dry / 18 hr Immersion: No Blush
Adhesion Dry Concrete: Excellent,
Wet Concrete: Excellent
QUV Accelerated Weather Testing G-53: No
blistering, No yellowing @ 250 hours
Abrasion Resistance 12.5 grams loss
Block Resistance D-4969: Excellent
Heat Stability @ 120 degrees Fahrenheit
Film Formation @ 40 degrees Fahrenheit Passed
Water Absorption 2.4 grams per cubic meter
Pencil Hardness D-3363: HB-H
Hot Tire Pick-Up Passed (Under extreme circumstances delaminating could occur. All
tire manufacturers were not tested. Chemicals used in tire manufacturing may be
detrimental to all sealers from vehicular parking.)
Chemical Resistance for HS 260 (Testing ASTM D-1308)
Transmission Fluid Resistant
Gasoline Remove Immediately
Formula 409 Resistant
Motor Oil Resistant
Brake Fluid Remove Immediately