SureCrete’s Dura-Kote PFC-120 is a specially formulated 67% solids hybrid solvent based polyaspartic coating designed for application over interior concrete, cement based overlays, or as a top finish coat on epoxy systems. Dura-Kote PFC-120 provides a low VOC (330 g/L), UV stable, penetrating, film forming, color enhancing, and high gloss wear surface. The high performance clear top coat generates the premier balance of strength, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance. As a vertical wall coating, it enhances anti-graffiti properties. Dura-Kote PFC-120’s rapid cure time eliminates excessive waiting to return a floor to service. Unlike many polyaspartics, it has a user-friendly pot life of approximately 20 – 30 minutes. Turnaround time for a floor may be as little as 5 – 6 hours. It is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings: aircraft hangars, clean room floors, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, stadiums, or any high traffic area where an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
When dealing with commercial applications where complete business shut down is not a feasible option, polyaspartic coatings provide a much needed solution. When the floor is prepped properly for these coatings, they can be applied overnight in a very small application window to ensure that no time is lost for the business. This is especially necessary in retail and restaurant or bar locations that can’t afford to close for even one day. Not only are polyaspartics very quick to apply, but they also offer an astounding amount of chemical and abrasion resistance. These properties also make PFC-120 an ideal coating for DIY homeowners who only have a short time period (usually one day/night on the weekend) to get their project finished.
Here are some areas/applications where Dura-Kote PFC-120 might typically be applied:
- Retail Flooring
- Commercial Concrete Applications
- Quick-Dry Residential Coatings
- Fast-Curing Service Industry Coatings
- Hotel and Resort Floors
- High-Traffic Interior Applications
- Fast Turn-Around Projects
- Residential Living Areas
How Do You Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote PFC-120 Hybrid Polyaspartic Fast-Curing Sealer?
Our Hybrid Polyaspartics are by far the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 32 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75% for a period of at least 12 hours following application.
- As a by product of it’s very fast curing properties, PFC-120 is extremely sensitive to moisture in the substrate it is applie to, so care should be taken to keep moisture in the concrete near zero.
- Pour 1 part B into 4 parts A into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!) and mix mechanically for a minimum of 1 minute.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Note that if you would like to apply a second coat, first coat must be dry to the touch (typically within 2 hours depending on environmental conditions). If first coat has cured beyond 8 hours, floor needs to be screened with a 100 grit sanding screen prior to second coating to ensure a good bond. Second coat applies same as first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating such as SureFinish to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote PFC-120:
Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote PFC-120?
Yes, you can! Although it will depend entirely upon your desired finish floor and amount of protection you need, PFC-120 can stand alone as a single coat sealer for your concrete project.
Will Dura-Kote PFC-120 self-level and fill small holes?
To a very slight degree, yes. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer, but is not high enough to fill large voids, however our polyspartic formulations were hybridized to allow for easier product flow and longer pot life, and thus have less solids and elasticity than a prototypical 100% solids polyaspartic coating that would bridge larger cracks and voids in the concrete surface.
Can Dura-Kote PFC-120 be used outside?
No, polyaspartic coatings are not vapor-permeable and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use Dura-Kote PFC-120?
Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 330 grams per Liter, this product can be used in almost all states or municipalities.
How long does it take Dura-Kote PFC-120 to dry?
Not long! It can handle light traffic in just a few hours usually, and heavy traffic typically within a day!
Specs and Properties of Dura-Kote PPFC-120:
|Coverage||Approx 300-400 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)|
|VOC Rating||less than 330 g/L|
|Pot Life||approx 30 minutes|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||1-2 hours (4-5 hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||3-4 hours (24-36 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||24-36 hours (3-4 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||1-2 days (Up to 7 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||Clear Gloss|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Application Temperature||32 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Gardener direct / Reverse impact||More than 160 inch pounds|
|Taber Abrasion||40-60 mg loss|
|QUV – A||less than 5.0 at 2,000 hours|
|Gloss Retention||More than 95% at 2,000 hours|
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote PFC-120:
|MEK (methyl ehtyl ketone)||no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days|
|Xylene||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Tap Water||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Mineral Spirits||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|100% Ethanol||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|10% Acetic Acid||no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days|
|50% Sodium Hydroxide||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|85% Lactic Acid||no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days|
|50% Sulfuric Acid||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|38% Hydrochloric Acid||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|28% Ammonia||no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days|
|10% Sodium Chloride||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Gasoline||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Diesel Fuel||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Kerosene||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Brake Fluid||no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days|
|Skydrol||no effect at 24 hours, dulls at 7 days|
|Coffee||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Cola||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Grape Juice||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Ketchup||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Mustard||transient staining at 24 hours, 7 days|
|Clorox Bleach 5-10%||no effect at 24 hours, 7 days|