Dura-Kote PFC-180 is a specially formulated 80% solids hybrid solvent based polyaspartic coating. Unlike many polyaspartics, it has a user-friendly pot life of approximately 20 minutes and the ability to create a moderate build (6 ½ mil) single coat top coat. Turnaround time for a floor may be as little as 6 – 8 hours. Epoxy flakes may be covered in a single pass. Dura- Kote PFC-180 provides a low VOC (less than 200 g/L), UV stable, penetrating, film forming, color enhancing, and high gloss, moderate build wear surface. The rapid cure time eliminates excessive waiting to return a floor to service. It is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings: aircraft hangars, clean room floors, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, stadiums, or any high traffic area where an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
Some projects simply require a realy fast turn-around time. PFC-180 is the ultimate combination of easy workability and fast curing properties. Using Dura-Kote PFC-180, the vast majority of concrete surfaces can be given a single coating and be ready to receive foot traffic in just a few hours! This is especially ideal in retail and service industry business arenas where closing shop for any period of time is simply not an option. With PFC-180, a professional contractor can easily prepare and seal an entire floor in just one 6 to 8 hour period of time. For a homeowner looking to complete his weekend project in just one day, PFC-180 can provide the necessary cure time without sacrificing any level of protection as might be typical of acrylic or other less chemical or abrasion resistant sealers. And at such a low VOC rating of under 200 grams per Liter, PFC-180 is also ideally suited for architecturally green projects and for generating LEED points to help land these types of jobs.
Some areas/applications where Dura-Kote PFC-180 might typically be applied:
- Retail Flooring
- Commercial Concrete Applications
- Quick-Dry Residential Coatings
- Fast-Curing Service Industry Coatings
- Hotel and Resort Floors
- High-Traffic Interior Applications
- Fast Turn-Around Projects
- Residential Living Areas
How Do You Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote PFC-180 Hybrid Polyaspartic Fast-Curing Sealer?
Our Hybrid Polyaspartics are by far the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 32 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75% for a period of at least 12 hours following application.
- As a by product of it’s very fast curing properties, PFC-180 is extremely sensitive to moisture in the substrate it is applied to, so care should be taken to keep moisture in the concrete near zero.
- Pour 1 part B into 3 parts A into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!) and mix mechanically for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Though not usually necessary, if you would like to apply a second coat, first coat must be dry to the touch (typically within 2 hours depending on environmental conditions). If first coat has cured beyond 10 hours, floor needs to be screened with a 100 grit sanding screen prior to second coating to ensure a good bond. Second coat applies same as first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating such as SureFinish to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote PFC-180:
Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote PFC-180?
Yes, you can! Although it will depend entirely upon your desired finished floor and the amount of protection you need, PFC-180 was designed specifically for this purpose!
Will Dura-Kote PFC-180 self-level and fill small holes?
Yes, although slightly less-so than a prototypical 100% solids polyaspartic coating.
Can Dura-Kote PFC-180 be used outside?
No, polyaspartic coatings are not vapor-permeable and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use Dura-Kote PFC-180?
Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 200 grams per Liter, this product can be used in
almost all states or municipalities.
How long does it take Dura-Kote PFC-180 to dry?
Not long! It can handle light traffic in just a few hours usually, and heavy traffic typically within a day!
Specs and Properties of Dura-Kote PPFC-180:
Coverage Approx 150-200 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)
VOC Rating less than 200 g/L
Solids Content 80%
Pot Life approx 20 minutes
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container
Ready for recoat Approx 2 hours (6-8 hours at low temperatures)
Light Duty Use 4-6 hours (Up to 24 hours at low temperatures)
Heavy Traffic Ready Approx 24 hours (Up to 3 days at low
Full Cure 1-2 days (Up to 7 days at low temperatures)
Appearance (cured) Clear Gloss
Appearance (wet) Clear
Water Resistance E xcellent, beads water
Mechanical Stability Excellent
Light Stability Excellent
Application Temperature 32 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit
Gardener direct / Reverse impact More than 160 inch pounds
Taber Abrasion 40-60 mg loss
Gloss Retention More than 95% at 2,000 hours
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote PFC-180:
MEK (methyl ehtyl ketone) no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days
Xylene no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Tap Water no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Mineral Spirits no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
100% Ethanol no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
10% Acetic Acid no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days
50% Sodium Hydroxide no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
85% Lactic Acid no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days
50% Sulfuric Acid no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
38% Hydrochloric Acid no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
28% Ammonia no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days
10% Sodium Chloride no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Gasoline no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Diesel Fuel no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Kerosene no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Brake Fluid no effect at 24 hours, fails at 7 days
Skydrol no effect at 24 hours, dulls at 7 days
Transmission Fluid no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Coffee no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Cola no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Grape Juice no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Ketchup no effect at 24 hours, 7 days
Mustard transient staining at 24 hours, 7 days
Clorox Bleach 5-10% no effect at 24 hours, 7 days