SureCrete’s SureSpray is a cement-based thin sprayable concrete overlay for both interior and exterior concrete surfaces. Perhaps no other bag mix lends itself to such an enormous array of applications, variations, and alternatives: from the simplest of orange-peel to the elegant Euro-texture. SureSpray was designed to be applied by compressed air spray equipment (commonly a hopper gun), but may also be troweled or squeegeed. Restoration, repair, resurfacing, architectural accenting, surface protection, and creating slip resistance of existing concrete are all realized through SureSpray sprayable concrete overlay. Special copolymers create adhesion and flexibility essential in a thin overlay. SureSpray is seasonally user-friendly, available in Summer and Winter mixes.
SureSpray’s sprayable concrete overlay versatility is one of it’s strongest qualities and allows it to be applied in a variety of fashions to create a wide array of designs and techniques. Able to be applied with a trowel, squeegee or sprayer, the possible textures are nearly limitless. Highly skilled applicators will be able to carry one product in their inventory to perform many different looks and texture designs for their customers. This will help your company to stay more “mobile” and be able to get on and off of jobsites faster without having to make those pesky runs to the local supply store. As a homeowner SureSpray can be easily manipulated to create beautiful one-off textured surfaces to suite any interior or exterior arrangement.
SureSpray’s sprayable concrete overlay versatility lends itself to a wide array of applications:
- Residential Sidewalks
- Home Driveways
- Commercial Floor Coatings
- Property Management Walkways
- Pool Decks & Patios
- Retail Flooring Locations
- “Slop Trowel” Texture Designs
- “Wet Bubble” Textures
- Multi-Color “Bubble” Designs
- Faux Tile Designs
- Custom Stencil Patterns
Sprayable Concrete Overlay
|Product #:||1SUPWS, 1SUPWW|
|Packaging:||50 lb bags|
How Do You Apply SureCrete SureSpray Spayable Concrete Overlay?
SureSpray has a wide array of application methods, here is the most common:
- Any surface receiving a cementitious coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 4 – 6 quarts water per 50 lb bag to 5 gal bucket and mix in any color desired for integral coloring of SureSpray
- Slowly introduce SureSpray sprayable concrete overlay while continuously mixing and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product has been emptied into container. Scrape the sides of the bucket to make sure there are no “dry pockets” that didn’t get mixed properly.
- Mist the surface of the concrete with water ahead of any areas about to receive SureSpray.
- Using a hopper gun at a 1/4″ setting, apply SureSpray evenly to surface area with 100% coverage.
- If you need a second coat of SureSpray sprayable concrete overlay, simply wait until the surface is properly cured – approx 2-6 hours. Second coat can be applied same as first coat. Make sure to scrape away excess material from first coat before applying finish.
- Once the surface has dried and cured sufficiently (approx 2-6 hours), it can accept stains and secondary colorants, and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical outdoor applications would utilize a acrylic sealer from our SureSeal line of products.
Frequently Asked Questions About SureSpray Sprayable Concrete Overlay :
Do I have to use two coats of SureSpray sprayable concrete overlay ?
Not necessarily. It depends completely upon the design you’re looking for and
the substrate you’re working with.
Why are there different colors and cracks shadowing through my SureSpray sprayable concrete overlay
Depending on how SureSpray’s first coating of product was applied it may be thin enough that imperfections will likely “show through” in the first coat of the product, this would be a case where a second coat would likely be desired.
Specs and Properties of SureSpray sprayable concrete overlay :
Coverage Approx 125 – 175 square foot per 50 lb bag (Varies based on substrate and
VOC Rating 0 g/L
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio 4 – 6 quarts water per 50 lb bag
Base Color White
Curing Bases Summer & Winter Mix Designs
Density 126.1 lbs./cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 4,278 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM
C-348: 995 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 440 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance ASTM D-4060: less than 0.50% @ 28 days
Mosaic Shear ANSI
A-118.4: 280 PSI @ 28 days