SureTex is a cement-based thin overlay for both interior and exterior concrete surfaces. Its slightly larger aggregate creates deeper textures, and its chemistry allows quicker surface drying than most overlay products. Although SureTex is frequently applied by compressed air spray equipment (commonly a hopper gun), it was additionally designed to be troweled from the simplest of knock-down to the most elegant Euro-texture. Restoration, repair, resurfacing, architectural accenting, surface protection, and creating slip resistance of existing concrete are all realized through SureTex. It is seasonally user-friendly, available in Summer and Winter mixes.
SureTex shares many of the qualities of its sister product SureSpray and as such can be applied in a wide variety of applications. However, with a much larger aggregate size than it’s sprayable sister product, SureTex lends itself to much more rich depths of texture and as such can be used to create a wide array of custom artistic designs. In the hands of professionally trained artisan contractors, SureTex can be manipulated to create any number of custom themed flooring surfaces. Since it is such an easy to work with an versatile product, it also lends itself to DIY homeowner usage as well.
SureTex’s large aggregate content helps create a number of texture-rich elements:
- Residential Patterned Sidewalks
- Home Driveways
- Commercial Floor Coatings
- Property Management Walkways
- Pool Decks & Patios
- Retail Flooring Locations
- “Slop Trowel” Texture Designs
- “Wet Bubble” Textures
- “Euro-Tile” Trowel Designs
- Brick Tape Pattern
- Faux Tile Designs
- Custom Stencil Patterns
|Product #:||1SUPWS, 1SUPWW|
|Packaging:||50 lb bags|
How Do You Apply SureTex Concrete Knockdown Overlay?
SureTex has a wide array of application methods, here is the most common:
- Any surface receiving a cementitious coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 4 – 6 quarts water per 50 lb bag to 5 gal bucket and mix in any color desired for integral coloring of SureTex
- Slowly introduce SureTex while continuously mixing and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product has been emptied into container. Scrape the sides of the bucket to make sure there are no “dry pockets” that didn’t get mixed properly.
- Mist the surface of the concrete with water ahead of any areas about to receive SureTex.
- Pour a generous ribbon of SureTex and tightly trowel or squeegee product over entire area.
- If you need a second coat of SureTex, simply wait until the surface is properly cured – approx 2-6 hours. Second coat can be applied same as first coat. Make sure to scrape away excess material from first coat before applying finish.
- Once the surface has dried and cured sufficiently (approx 2-6 hours), it can accept stains and secondary colorants, and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical outdoor applications would utilize a acrylic sealer from our SureSeal line of products.
Frequently Asked Questions About SureTex Concrete Knockdown Overlay:
Do I have to use two coats of SureTex?
Not necessarily. It depends completely upon the design you’re looking for and
the substrate you’re working with.
Why are there different colors and cracks shadowing through my SureTex
depending on how SureTex’s first coating of product was applied it may be
thin enough that imperfections will likely “show through” in the first coat of
the product, this would be a case where a second coat would likely be desired.
How do I create those beautiful Euro-Tile texture designs?
While it is a very user-specific design texture, it’s basic application
method can be taught very easily. Check out our Design Ideas or Videos sections
for some application ideas, or feel free to attend any of our local training
Specs and Properties of SureTex:
Coverage Approx 125 – 175 square foot per 50 lb bag (Varies based on substrate and
VOC Rating 0 g/L
Shelf Life 1 year in
original unopened container
Mixing Ratio 4 – 6 quarts water per 50 lb bag
Base Color White
Curing Bases Summer & Winter Mix Designs
126.1 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 4,269 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-348: 980 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190:
440 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance ASTM D-4060: less than 0.50% @ 28 days
Mosaic Shear ANSI A-118.4: 275 PSI @ 28 days