Wall Spray is a concrete wall overlay that is a cement-based overlay designed for both interior and exterior vertical surfaces. It offers a wide variety of finishes from a simple knock-down to a sophisticated faux Venetian Plaster. WallSpray concrete wall overlay may be applied by compressed air spray equipment and/or by trowel. Restoration, repair, resurfacing, architectural accenting, and surface protection of existing cladding are all realized through Wall Spray. Typical areas include retention walls, entry/accent walls, columns, gable ends, fireplace accents, and any other vertical surfaces or walls. WallSpray concrete wall overlay is formulated to provide excellent bonding to new as well as existing concrete, concrete block, ICF, polystyrene foam, drywall, plaster, plywood, and even painted surfaces.
WallSpray concrete wall overlay has been formulated as a lightweight, sprayable, co-polymer based coating for increasing the flexural strength, fire rating, and “R” value of exterior surfaces. Typical applications include ICF, SIP, EIFS, Concrete Block, Concrete Tilt-Up, EPS and Architectural Foam. For professionals looking for a more versatile and much stronger vertical surface coating than stucco or other related products, Wall Spray can provide a much needed improvement in your finished surface, while actually providing savings over an entire coatings project by reducing labor costs and project timelines. And, if you know how to use a hopper gun or other similar equipment, even a homeowner or weekend warrior working on DIY projects can apply the Wall Spray product on their home exterior or even on interior decorative walls.
WallSpray concrete wall overlay is a very versatile product and as such can be utilized in a number of different venues:
Wall Spray – Concrete Wall Overlay
|Packaging:||40 lb bag|
How Do You Apply SureCrete’s Concrete Wall Overlay sprayable concrete coating?
Wall Spray is fairly simple to apply if you have the right equipment:
- Any surface receiving a cementitious coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this
- Make sure your surface is flat. If in need of patching, we suggest using Wall Stamp to fill large voids on vertical surfaces.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 3-1/2 quarts water per 40 lb bag to 5 gal bucket and mix in any color desired for integral coloring of WallSpray concrete wall overlay.
- Slowly introduce Wall Spray and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product has been emptied into container.
- Scrape the inside of the bucket to make sure there are no “dry pockets” of material that have not been mixed properly.
- All exterior applications of Wall Spray are recommended to have a base coat.
- If applying onto a surface other than concrete, the use of fiberglass mesh is required
- Apply with a spray gun using a 1/4″ setting, covering surface completely with a minimum of 1/8″ – 3/16″ build-up of material, leaving no bare spots. Depending on desired finished texture, troweling of applied product can be done now.
- Base coat should dry sufficiently (minimum overnight), and surface should be scraped to remove any loose material.
- Concrete wall overlay finish coat is applied the same as the base coat described above, with variations only to achieve different desired textures.
- Surface can accept stains and secondary colorants at this point, and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical applications would utilize an acrylic sealer such as SureSeal Super 20 or Super WB.
Frequently Asked Questions About WallSpray Concrete Wall Overlay:
Do I have to use a fiberglass mesh?
Although any use of mesh will increase flexural strength, it is only required across non-concrete surfaces or concrete surfaces that are cracked and unsound.
Can I just trowel on Wall Spray concrete wall overlay?
Yes, although it is a much slower process, troweling instead of spraying Wall Spray is a perfectly acceptable application method.
Can I mix WallSpray concrete wall overlay in large batches?
While mixing in large batches can be done, it is important to never mix up more than can be applied within a 45 minute time frame.
Specs and Properties of Wall Spray:
Coverage Approx 28-30 square foot @ 1/4″ (Varies based on substrate and application)
VOC Rating 0 g/L
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio 3.5 – 4 quarts water per 40 lb bag
Density 121 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 2,870 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-348: 950 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 140 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance 28 days %loss – 500 cycles – less than 0.40%
Mosaic Shear ANSI A 118.4: 275 PSI @ 28 days
concrete Wall Overlay Water Permeability ASTM D2247: Passes Freeze/Thaw @ 50 cycles