Dura-Kote Epoxy WB is a 2 component 85% solids, floor coating for interior concrete and cement based overlays. The high performance clear top coat, provides the durability of a solvent base system with the ease and safety of a low VOC (175 g/L) water base system that is both user-friendly and extremely durable. As a vertical wall coating, it enhances anti-graffiti properties. Unlike nearly all epoxies, Dura-Kote Epoxy WB has remarkable properties related to moisture:
Withstands high vapor transmission rate, up to 13 pounds per 1,000 ft² (5.4 kg per 100m²) in 24 hours.
Provides a non-permeable vapor barrier, even in basements.
Applies on fresh concrete as soon as three days after pouring and placing concrete.
Dura-Kote Epoxy WB is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings: manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, hospitals, medical centers, residential interiors, garage floors, gyms, locker rooms, stadiums, or anywhere that an exceedingly resilient fl oor is desired.
Here are some application ideas and surfaces where you might apply Dura-Kote Epoxy WB:
Dura-Kote Epoxy WB
|Packaging:||4 gal kits|
How Do You Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote Epoxy WB eco-friendly water-based epoxy?
Water-Based epoxy coatings can be finnicky to apply, but with these instructions, your floor will turn out beautifully:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched. Moisture should also be limited as colored water-based epoxy systems are non-vapor-permeable sealers.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and a relative humidity below 75% and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 12 hour period following application.
- Pour 1 part B into 1 part A into large mixing container and mix mechanically for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any interior project receiving a water-based epoxy coating. The first coat must be dry to the touch (typically within 6-8 hours depending on environmental conditions). If first coat has been allowed to cure longer than 12 hours, the surface will need to be screened with a 100 grit sanding screen prior to second coating to ensure a good bond. Second coat applies same as first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating such as SureFinish to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote Epoxy WB:
Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote Epoxy WB?
Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats. That being said, Dura-Kote Epoxy WB has been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat interior sealer is required.
Will Dura-Kote Epoxy WB self-level and fill small holes?
To a very slight degreee, yes. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer, but is not high enough to fill large voids or cracks in your substrate.
Can Dura-Kote Epoxy WB be used outside?
No, epoxy coatings are not vapor-permeable enough in nature and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use Dura-Kote Epoxy WB?
Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 175 grams per Liter, this product can be used in almost all states or municipalities.
Specs and Properties of Dura-Kote Dura-Kote Epoxy WB
|Coverage||125-175 square foot per gallon catalyzed product (varies widely based on application method)|
|VOC Rating||175 g/L|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Mixing Ratio||1 part A to 1 part B|
|Pot Life||Approx 30 minutes|
|Ready for recoat||6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||Approx 16 hours (Up to 30 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||Approx 24 hours (Up to 3 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||Approx 7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||Gloss sheen|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Application Temperature||50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote Epoxy WB
|Xylene||2 hours splash spill|
|Gasoline||2 hours splash spill|
|10% Sodium Hydroxide||8 hours splash spill|
|50% Sodium Hydroxide||2 hours splash spill|
|Acetic Acid 5%||2 hours splash spill|
|10% Sulfuric Acid||2 hours splash spill|
|10% Hydrochloric Acid||2 hours splash spill|
|20% Nitric Acid||not recommended|
|Ethylene Glycol||8 hours splash spill|