Dura-Kote Water Based Colored Polyurethane floor coating that is a 2 component 57% solids, acrylic polyurethane designed as a non-yellowing thin mil color coating for concrete, cement based overlays, or as a top finish coat on epoxy systems. The high performance pigmented top coat provides the durability of a solvent base system with the ease and safety of a low VOC (73 g/L) water base system. Unlike nearly all polyurethanes, Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane WB has remarkable properties related to vapor permeability that permit its use in an exterior setting. Generating the premier balance of strength, added UV stability, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance, it is both user-friendly and extremely durable.
Finding an eco-friendly concrete sealer that is also extremely durable can be quite difficult, much less a colored version of that product. Typically, a pigmented, environmentally friendly interior floor coating can only be accomplished using a colored 100% solids or water-based epoxy in conjunction with a clear water-based polyurethane protective top coating. SureCrete has simplified this system, enabling applicators to get a beautiful, durable, eco-friendly water-based concrete floor coating with just one product – Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane Water Based. Readily available in a wide array of colors at local distribution centers throughout the country, this colored polyurethane water-based will help you to quickly and beautifully finish your DIY home renovation or commercial project.
Water Based Colored Polyurethane Floor Coating Options
Water Based Colored Polyurethane Floor Paint Standard Colors:
Areas where Dura-Kote Water Based Colored Polyurethane Floor Paint Coating might be applied:
- Eco-Friendly Colored Commercial Floors
- Green Retail Flooring Projects
- Low Odor Paint Coatings for Restaurants and Bars
- Eco-Friendly Painted Residential Living Areas
- Non-Caustic Interior Hotel and Resort Flooring
- Colored Interior Walkways with Heavy Traffic
- Low Odor Auditorium and Stage Floors
- Colored Water-Based Residential and Hotel Bedroom Floors
How to Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote Water Based Colored Polyurethane Floor Paint Coating.
Surecrete’s Water Based Colored Polyurethane products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75%.
- Mechanically mix the water based tinted part A portion for at least 1 minute prior to adding in part B. Now pour 1 part B into 3 parts A into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!) mix mechanically for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and back roll the entire surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any interior project receiving a polyurethane paint coating, with the second coat being applied as soon as first coat is able to be walked on, and is applied in the same manner as the first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating to extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Questions Asked About Dura-Kote Water Based Colored Polyurethane Floor Paint:
Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane Floor Paint?
Technically yes, however it is not suggested. For the best results we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats. That being said, Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane products have been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat interior floor sealer is required. If you are happy with the color achieved through the first coat of water-based colored polyurethane, then the second coat may be substituted with a thin clear coat instead.
Will Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane WB self-level and fill small holes?
To a very slight degree, yes. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer, but it does not have a high enough solids content and flow ability to fill large voids.
Can Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane WB be used outside?
No, polyurethane paint coatings are not breathable in nature and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
I have strict VOC laws in my area, can I use Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane Paint WB?
Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 75 grams per Liter, this product can be used in almost all states or municipalities.
Specifications and Properties of Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane Floor Paint WB:
|Coverage||Approx. 300-400 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)|
|VOC Rating||less than 75 g/L|
|Pot Life||approximately 30 minutes|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||24 hours (Up to 48 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||3 days (Up to 5 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||Colored Gloss Sheen|
|Appearance (wet)||Varies by Color Selection|
|Water Resistance||Excellent, beads water|
|Application Temperature||50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
Chemical Resistance for Dura-Kote Pigmented Polyurethane Paint Coating Water Based:
|Gasoline||no effect at 24 hours|
|Diesel Fuel||no effect at 24 hours|
|Kerosene||no effect at 24 hours|
|Brake Fluid||softens/discolors at 24 hours|
|Skydrol||dulls at 24 hours|