SureCrete’s XS-327 concrete countertop sealer protection is a specially formulated two component, moisture-cure, high solids hybrid water-based polyurethane coating designed for application over completed concrete countertops and surfaces. XS-327 is a penetrating, UV stable, minimal color enhancing sealer, available in both matte and gloss finishes. At 64% solids (varies upon reduction rate) and 25 g/L VOC this high-performance clear top coat generates the premier balance of strength, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance. XS-327 concrete countertop sealer is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings applied upon concrete countertops, fireplace surrounds, shower panels, floor tiles, wall panels, and all Xtreme Series products. Like some other sealers, XS-327 countertop protection becomes food safe upon curing. It is stain resistant to most household chemicals and culinary items and is heat resistant to 300°F (149°C). XS-327 is distinctive in its ability to be touched up or repaired.
With such a low VOC rating at only 25 g/L, XS-327 is an amazing eco-friendly sealers concrete countertops, after curing, the sealers staining is completely food safe, making it an ideal sealer for use in both residential and commercial kitchens. Also, being a water-based sealer, XS-327 cement countertop coating puts out little to no odor, making it an ideal coating for use in residential applications. XS-327’s scratch and abrasion resistance is also second to none, making it viable for a variety of surfaces.
XS-327 Finishes Food Safe
Below are some surfaces that would benefit from the XS-327:
- Kitchen Countertops
- Dining & Coffee Tables
- Outdoor Counters
- Shower Panels
- Lightweight Wall Panels
- Precast Decorative Pieces
- Concrete Countertop
- Protect Surface Scratching
- Finishes Wood will not Penetrate
- Building Fascades
- Custom Floor Tiles
- Custom Furniture
- Bath Vanities
- Integrated Kitchen Sinks
- Integrated Bath Sink
- Wood Looking Counters
- Safe Finish Repels Oils
- Finishes Food Safe Cement
How Do You Apply SureCrete XS-327 urethane water-based Countertop Protection?
Following these instructions, anyone can apply XS-327 sealer countertops:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched.
- Mix 2 parts B and 3 parts A continuously for 3 minutes to ensure complete catalyzation.
- For the prime coat, add 7 parts water to 1 part catalyzed product and mechanically mix for 2 minutes.
- Flood surface with xs-327 concrete countertop sealer and work into the surface using a high-density foam roller until the surface is saturated.
- Backroll the surface with a relatively dry roller using only the weight of the roller.
- Once the prime coat is dry to the touch, the surface is ready for the first coat.
- After mixing another batch to full catalyzation, dilute catalyzed product at a rate of 2 parts water to 1 part sealer.
- Apply XS-327 again in similar fashion as a prime coat, this time with only an even coating, again back rolling to prevent roller marks.
- Once the first coat is dry to the touch, the surface is ready for the second and final coat of sealer.
- Mix one more batch of XS-327 cement countertop sealer, then dilute catalyzed product at a rate of 2 parts water to 1 part sealer.
- Apply countertop sealer in similar fashion to first coat with an even coating and again back rolling to prevent roller marks.
- 24 hours after second coat of XS-327 countertop sealer is applied, the surface is ready for light use, and is fully cured and finishes safe for food after 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions About XS-327:
Question: Is XS-327 counter topping food safe?
Answer: After the full cure is achieved in 7 days, sealed surface is completely finish food safe.
Question: Can it be used on wood finishes?
Answer: Although our sealer was designed for concrete surfaces, we have had wood finishers use 327 with success.
Question: How long do I have to wait between coats?
Answer: Only until the sealed surface is dry to the touch and not tacky. If allowed to sit more than 12 hours, the surface will need to be sanded with 220 grit sand paper to ensure proper adhesion.
Question: Do I need to use multiple coats XS-327?
Answer: Yes, the prime coat is essential for good penetration of the sealer and it is much easier to apply at dilution rates of 2:1 and 1:1. “Straight-up” application is never suggested.
Specifications and Properties of XS-327 Countertop Food Safe Finishes Coating :
Coverage Approximately 100 square foot per 40 oz catalyzed product
VOC Rating 25 g/L (before dilution)
Solids Content 64% (before dilution)
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio 3 parts A to 2 parts B
Pot Life 30 minutes
Ready for re-coat dry to the touch
Re-coat “window” after 12 hours, sanding is required
Light Duty Use 24 hours
Cement Counter Top Sealer: Food Safe / Cured 7 days
Chemical Resistance for XS-327 after 24 hours
MEK no effect
Xylene no effect
Tap Water no effect
Spirits no effect
100% Ethanol no effect
10% Acetic Acid no effect
5% Sodium Hydroxide no effect
50% Sodium Hydroxide no effect
Acid no effect
50% Sulfuric Acid no effect
38% Hydrochloric Acid no
10% Sodium Chloride Solution no effect
28% Ammonia no effect
Coffee no effect
Cola no effect
Grape Juice no effect
Test Data for XS-327 Counter food sealers
Appearance (cured) Clear matte or gloss
Water Resistance Excellent, beads water
Mechanical Stability Excellent
Light Stability Excellent
Appearance (wet) Milky
Application Temperature 60 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit
Gardener direct/reverse impact >160 inch pounds
Taber Abrasion 40-60 mg loss
QUV – A 5.0 > @ 2,000 hours
Glosss retention >95% @ 2,000 hours