SureCrete’s Dura-Kote Metallics are an exciting new seamless flooring system that provides a unique three dimensional appearance with suspended reflective pigments. There are 20 available reflective pigments that can combine with literally 100’s of colors in the Dura-Kote Epoxies. Due to the vast options offered within this system, one can create floors that range from the elegantly stylish to outrageously bazaar. The exceptionally durable epoxy combined with a polyurethane or polyaspartic top coat make this flooring system ideally suited for nearly any commercial or residential setting. Outstanding customization properties make Dura-Kote Metallics especially appealing for bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, or anywhere that a one of a kind, exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
Metallic floor coatings are a very exotic-looking flooring option that simply can’t be duplicated by even the most intricate of stone or marble designs. Unlike with solid-color pigment or chips, no two metallic floors are alike, their appearances are completely dependant upon the artisan’s abilities and design ideas. These floors utilize a clear 100% solids epoxy or water-based epoxy, and the translucent floors are colored by Dura-Kote Metallic Pearls. These coatings create a glossy and deep-looking floor that can contain a variety of colors and visual effects. Some even have a beautiful three-dimensional appearance that gives the illusion of craters, ripples, and swirling rivers of metallic-looking plasma. Maintenance is easy, and the amount of light they reflect is outstanding due to the glossy nature of the surface. Like any other epoxy coating, they can be a little slippery when wet.
The finished look is a smooth, glass like finish that has a unique and subtle reflective sparkle. There are endless creative techniques that can be used to create a style that you can call your own. One of the more interesting things about Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallics is it’s ability to be applied without a large degree of professional training. The floor designs that show through with Epoxy Metallics lend themselves to more random application patterns than typical decorative concrete flooring systems. That being the case, it can be applied by both skilled artisans and DIY homeowners alike with relative ease. Check out our application instructions below or our Design Ideas or Training and Videos sections to see if you can make your own three-dimensional decorative epoxy flooring coating.
- Residential Living Areas
- Retail Flooring
- Kitchen and Bath Floors
- Commercial Flooring Applications
- Three-Dimensional Designs
- Epoxy Coating Enhancers
- Faux Polshed Stone
How Do You Apply SureCrete Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallics 3D Flooring Designs?
With a few easy-to-follow instructions, anyone can apply our Epoxy Metallics product!
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched. Moisture should also be limited as all Dura-Kote Metallics systems utilize non-vapor-permeable sealers.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and a relative humidity below 75% and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 12 hour period following application.
- A black or very dark primer coat should be applied using either Pigmented Epoxy 100 or Pigmented WB Epoxy.
- Once primer coat has drive and cured (approximately 8-10 hours), the application of the metallic coat is ready.
- Screen primer coat with 100 grit sanding screen, then vacuum up debris and wipe with a micro-fiber wipe with denatured alcohol.
- Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallics is applied using the product Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 (see instructions for mixing this product).
- Once you have a bucket of freshly catalyzed 100% epoxy, mix in 16 oz of Dura-Kote Metallic pearlized pigments per 3 gallon kit of catalyzed epoxy product.
- Pour out contents completely in a fairly long trail for application.
- Use spiked shoes when spreading product evenly over application area. Use your spreading tools to create your designs.
- Once metallic coat has dried and cured sufficiently, a finish coat may be applied. We suggest the use of a Polyurethane or Polyaspartic.
- 16-30 hours after second coat is applied, the surface is ready for light use, and is fully cured after 5-14 days depending on environmental conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallic’s:
Which sealers can I use in conjunction with Epoxy Metallics?
As the name implies, the Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallics product was designed to work specifically in conjunction with epoxy products.
Do I have to use a dark pigmented base coating with Epoxy Metallics?
Not necessarily, however the darker the base coating, the more vibrant and reflective the metallic coating will be.
Do I have to apply a top coat after the Epoxy Metallic coat?
Again, not necessarily, however the epoxy coating alone is not a very abrasion resistant coating and will not last as long as a stand-alone floor coating as would be the case if finished off with a Polyurethane or Polyaspartic top coat.
Specs and Properties of Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallics
|Coverage||16 oz per 3 gal kit catalyzed epoxy product|
|Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallics’ specs and properties are shared with the specific sealers used to apply them.|
Here are the Dura-Kote Epoxy Metallic pearlized pigments available at SureCrete (all colors listed utilize a black epoxy base):
- 2.8MPL – Pearl
- 2.8MSL – Slate
- 2.8MGM – Gun Metal
- 2.8MCH – Charcoal
- 2.8MON – Onyx
- 2.8MBL – Blonde
- 2.8MCP – Champagne
- 2.8MPE – Pewter
- 2.8MBZ – Bronze
- 2.8MSE – Sequoia
- 2.8MBR – Brass
- 2.8MBO – Burnt Orange
- 2.8MCO – Copper
- 2.8MTO – Toffee
- 2.8MMA – Mahogany
- 2.8MRB – Royal Blue
- 2.8MMB – Midnight Blue
- 2.8MDC – Dark Cherry
- 2.8MWR – Wine Red
- 2.8MBB – Bark Brown